Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Me, a Soccer Mom?

I just found some precious baby photos of my older child, Tyrone. Here he is playing "soccer" when he was just an itty kitty. He was very good at shooting his little bell-toys under the couch and other low-slung pieces of furniture. I frequently had to run a broomhandle under the couch to flush out a half-dozen toys like this. Sometimes I would actually stand goal while Tyrone played striker, and he was actually quite good at getting past my defense.

One time, I realized that it had been weeks since I had heard the sound of little jingling balls rolling around. I found none under the couch. Eventually I discovered every one of Tyrone's bell toys under a chest-of-drawers, which had two very narrow openings above floor level. I was not only amazed at the cat's skill, but mystified about his motivation in shooting all of his balls into such a hard-to-reach goal.

No comments: