Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Jet-Powered Joe

My latest new experience in the world of modern cuisine: a self-heating cup of coffee. Wow. For $2.50 (on sale) you can get about 6 oz. of warm (closer to tepid than scalding), decent-flavored coffee, and all you have to do to prepare it is turn it upside down, pull off the tab at the bottom of a cup, push a button, watch the green fluid do something or other, turn it upright again, wait 5 to 8 minutes, and watch a pink dot on the side of the cup do something or other, then twist the plastic guard at the top and open the tab on the top of the cup (splashing everything within 12 inches with drops of coffee), and you’re thinking, “Gee. For the same money I could have gone through the Starbucks Drive Through and gotten twice as much coffee, twice as hot, without having to do all this crap. Will the wonders of technology never cease? Pretty please?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Green fluid? Ewww. I'd have run for the hills. And there aren't any hills close by.

I'm so glad you have a blog now. I used to, but the pressure of keeping it updated got to me. I'm sure you'll be much stronger-willed than I was.