Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Snicker, Ye Bachelors

My boss and his wife have been serving me a yummy, and apparently very simple to make, dessert. I don't know what they call it, but I guess "Snickers Apple Salad" would probably work. It seems to have only four ingredients: Cool Whip, apples, bananas, and Snickers bars.

Of course, the apple cores and banana peels are discarded. And, of course, everything is cut up before you mix it together. I can't give you precise measurements. It's evident from the amount my boss keeps pushing at me that they ended up with way more of this stuff than they intended to, so I suppose you have to be careful not to overdo it. But I noticed from the color of the peels that they seemed to have used several different kinds of apples, ranging from bright red to bright green. I haven't actually noticed any solid chunks of banana, so it's possible that a step in the process is to blend the bananas and whipped cream together.

The flavors mix together well. There's a nice crunch to the apples, a firm chewiness to the Snickers pieces, a whipped creaminess to the, er, whipped cream... and broken up pieces of walnut make a nice topping, I find. Delicious!

5 comments:

KSchulz said...

It's called ABC salad, although that doesn't leave room for the Snickers bar. Oh well. I didn't name it. The measurement are 3-3-3. 3 apples, 3 bananas, 3 Snicker bars. Chop them all up into small pieces, mix into Cool Whip. Easy-smeasy.

RobbieFish said...

Thanks, Kathy! Maybe the C stands for candy??

KSchulz said...

C is for Cool Whip

RobbieFish said...

Are you sure????

KSchulz said...

Yes. I made the salad.