Wednesday, February 27, 2013

S is for "Sooner or Later..."

More series of books I am trying to keep up with, brought to you by (authors whose last names begin with) the letter S....
  • E. Rose Sabin
    • Book 3 of her "Arucadi" quartet is When the Beast Ravens. I might already own a copy.
  • Louis Sachar
    • Somehow I missed the middle book of the "Holes" trilogy, Stanley Yelnats' Survival Guide to Camp Green Lake. Though I'm not sure whether this is really another novel or just a supplement to the first book and the movie based on it.
  • Angie Sage
    • I am up to book 6 of the 7-book "Septimus Heap" series: Darke.
  • Michael Scott
    • The Magician is book 2 of the 6-book "Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel."
  • Walter Scott
    • I have several of his books on my Kindle, and have already dipped a toe or two into Rob Roy. The length of Scott's historically informative preface is a bit off-putting, however. It's never good when a book puts you to sleep before it even begins.
  • Tor Seidler
    • I have a couple of his books on my shelf, including Brothers Below Zero.
  • Darren Shan
    • Book 4 of his 12-book "Saga of Darren Shan" is The Vampire Mountain.
  • Delia Sherman
    • I think The Magic Mirror of the Mermaid Queen may be a sequel to Changeling.
  • Mike Shevdon
    • Book 3 of his "Courts of the Feyre" quartet is Strangeness and Charm.
  • Polly Shulman
    • Book 2 of her "Grimm Legacy" series is The Wells Bequest.
  • Neal Shüsterman
    • His third "Antsy Bonano" novel is Ship Out of Luck.
  • Alan Silberberg
    • His second "Milo" book is Milo and the Restart Button.
  • Matthew Skelton
    • His second novel, following Endymion Spring, is titled The Story of Cirrus Flux.
  • Obert Skye
    • I already own a copy of Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want, book 3 of his "Leven Thumps" quintet.
    • Ambush is book 3 of his "Pillage" trilogy.
  • Sherwood Smith
    • I have on my shelf the last 2 books of her "Inda" quartet. Next up: The King's Shield.
  • Lemony Snicket
    • I am tempted to look into his "All the Wrong Questions" series, starting with What Could That Be at This Hour?
  • Alan Snow
    • I am confused about which of his "Here Be Monsters" books I have read. His website is fascinatingly weird but unhelpful. According to Wiki, the book I reviewed as "Here Be Monsters," a.k.a. "Ratbridge Chronicles Vol. 1," is the equivalent of the first three books in the "Here Be Monsters" series listed on the author's website. So I guess that means the next book on deck for me is Worse Things Happen at Sea (book 4 of 7). And this also means I'm going to have to update my existing review.
  • Zilpha Keatley Snyder
    • The Gypsy Game (which is already on my shelf) is the sequel to The Egypt Game.
    • The Headless Cupid turns out to be only the first book of the "Stanley Family" quartet. Next up: The Famous Stanley Kidnapping Case.
    • I also have The Witches of Worm on my shelf, and I am open to looking at many other titles by this prolific author.
  • Elizabeth George Speare
    • I have a bookmark someway into The Bronze Bow.
    • Nor have I forgotten that one of my Facebook friends listed Calico Captive as one of the few "perfect novels."
  • Caroline Stevermer
    • I would interested in trying any of her titles that I haven't already reviewed, including those co-authored by Patricia C. Wrede.
  • Mary Stewart
    • I have at least one or two of her "Merlin/Arthur" series on tap. Next up: The Hollow Hills.
  • Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell
    • Book 4 of their 10-book "Edge Chronicles" is The Curse of the Gloamglozer.
  • Trenton Lee Stewart
    • Book 3 of "The Mysterious Benedict Society" is The Prisoner's Dilemma.
  • Jonathan Stroud
    • The Golem's Eye, which I have on my shelf, is book 2 of the "Bartimaeus" trilogy, or rather quartet (yay, more updates!).
    • I also have on my shelf The Last Siege and Heroes of the Valley by the same author.
  • Gillian Summers
    • Book 3 of this two-woman writing team's "Faire Folk Trilogy" is The Secret of the Dread Forest.
  • Shanna Swendson
    • Book 2 of the "Katie Chandler" sextet (cough) is Once Upon Stilettos.

No comments: