Monday, February 18, 2013

More Than Sufficient Proof...

The listing (alphabetical by author's last name) of the series of books I am reading continues, starting with the letter D...
  • Anna Dale
    • Not part of a series, per se, but her next novel that I have yet to read is Magical Mischief.
  • Pamela Dean
    • I've finished her "Secret Country" series, but I also have Tam Lin on my "to-read" shelf.
  • Charles de Lint
    • Of the 4-book "Cerin Songweaver" series, I have only read the first book. On deck: And the Rafters Were Ringing.
  • Kate DiCamillo
    • Again, they aren't in a series, strictly speaking; but I have a few of her books on my "to-read" shelf: at least The Tiger Rising and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane.
  • Charles Dickens
    • I have a bookmark stuck a good way into Our Mutual Friend.
    • I also have unread copies of Barnaby Rudge and Great Expectations lying around.
  • Peter Dickinson
    • One of his books that lives on my "to-read" shelf is the beginning of a 2-book series: The Ropemaker.
  • Tony DiTerlizzi
    • Besides the previously mentioned Spiderwick titles (co-authored with Holly Black), I am interested in his "WondLa" series, beginning with The Search for WondLa.
    • Kenny and the Dragon also looks like it might be neat.
  • Chris d'Lacey
    • I have only read the first 2 books of the "Last Dragon Chronicles," currently weighing in at 7 books. I think I might have Book 3, Fire Star, somewhere.
  • Ann Downer
    • Besides her "Hatching Magic" books (both of which I have read), this author has also produced a "Spellkey" trilogy that I may get into sometime.
  • Diane Duane
    • I think I have both of her "Cat Wizards" books, The Book of Night with Moon and To Visit the Queen. The only reason I haven't read them is that I found the format of the copies I own to be somewhat cumbersome and tiring to the eyes.
    • I am also interested in her novel On Her Majesty's Wizardly Service.
  • Alexandre Dumas
    • Among several titles by Dumas that I have loaded onto my Kindle are the sequels to The Three Musketeers, of which Twenty Years After seems to be my next target.
  • Jeanne DuPrau
    • I have been looking forward to Book 4 of her "Ember" series, titled The Diamond of Darkhold, for quite a while.
  • Sarah Beth Durst
    • This author, whom I once had the honor of interviewing, has written a sequel to her Into the Wild called, ahem, Out of the Wild.
  • Julie Andrews Edwards
    • The author formerly known as actress Julie Andrews has written at least one book that remains on my "to-read" shelf: Mandy.
  • Stephen Elboz
    • I have gotten through all of his "Kit Stixby" series, but some of his stand-alone novels that I have on my "to-read" shelf include Ghostlands and The Prisoner's Apprentice.
  • George Eliot
    • At this writing, I am in the midst of reading Adam Bede.
  • Paul England
    • I also have a bookmark somewhere in the middle of Favorite Operas by German and Russian Composers, the second half of the 2-volume reprint of his Fifty Operas.
  • Steve Englehart
    • I may eventually read the second "Max August" book, The Long Man.
  • Elizabeth Enright
    • Though the "Gone-Away Lake" books are already under my belt, I am committed to reading at least one more book by this author: Thimble Summer.
  • Sam Enthoven
    • I enjoyed The Black Tattoo. Based on that, the covers and titles of his (so far) three subsequent books sharpen my interest. If only reading the incoherent, borderline-illiterate blurbs on their back covers didn't dull it again...
  • Eleanor Estes
    • I still have two or three "Moffats" books to read, starting with The Middle Moffat.
  • John Fardell
    • The Secret of the Black Moon Moth seems to be a sequel to the previous book of his that I have read.
  • Nancy Farmer
    • The Lord of Opium, coming later this year, seems to be a sequel to House of the Scorpion.
    • I have yet to read past Book 1 of the "Sea of Trolls" trilogy. Next up: The Land of the Silver Apples.
  • Jasper Fforde
    • I have missed the latest two "Thursday Next" books, titled One of Our Thursdays Is Missing and The Woman Who Died a Lot.
    • I am also interested in his "Last Dragonslayer" series, which has 2 books so far.
  • Cornelia Funke
    • I believe I have both Inkspell and Inkdeath on my "to-read" shelf—completing the trilogy begun with Inkheart. I liked the first book, but the dreadful movie based on it took the wind out of my sails. I intend to get through the series this year.
  • Jack Gantos
    • I have been sitting on What Would Joey Do? for a while.
  • Neil Gaiman
    • One of my great ambitions is to overcome my aversion to graphic novels at least to such an extent as to enjoy his "Sandman" series.
    • I also have a copy of InterWorld (co-authored with Michael Reaves) on my shelf—the first of a 2-book set.
    • I am not far from having read all of his stand-alone novels. I have only to read Odd and the Frost Giants and The Ocean at the End of the Lane.
  • Jean Craighead George
    • I have only read the first book of her "Julie" trilogy.
    • I am also interested in her "My Side of the Mountain" series—4 books.
  • Adam Gopnik
    • I am interested in his novel The Steps Across the Water—though, again, it isn't part of a series as such.
  • Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams
    • Their "Tunnels" series has six books as of this year; I have only read one. But the next two are on my "to-read" shelf: Deeper and FreeFall.
  • Roger Lancelyn Green
    • Books of his that I have collected but not yet imbibed: A Cavalcade of Dragons, A Cavalcade of Magicians, and (I think) The Luck of Troy.
    • I think I should also try to get hold of The Land of the Lord High Tiger and Tale of Thebes. If I don't already have them somewhere...
  • Lev Grossman
    • I need to continue his "Magician" series with Book 2: The Magician King.
  • Michael Gruber
    • I am interested in starting his "Jimmy Paz" series, beginning with Tropic of Night.
    • I am also considering his novel The Book of Air and Shadows.
  • H. Rider Haggard
    • I have only read the first of at least 14 books in his "Allan Quartermain" series, of which Book 2 is (duh) Allan Quartermain.
    • Also, I have on my "to-read" shelf a copy of She and (co-authored with Andrew Lang) The World's Desire.
  • Shannon Hale
    • Book 4 of her "Books of Bayern" is Forest Born.
    • Book 2 of her "Princess Academy" series is Palace of Stone.
    • Her Book of a Thousand Days is on my "to-read" shelf.
    • I have also been nerving myself up to enter her "Austenland" series, part of a genre of "takeoffs on Pride and Prejudice" that is growing so fast that I'm half scared to get into it.
  • Victoria Hanley
    • I have yet to read The Healer's Keep, a sequel to The Seer and the Sword.
  • Thomas Hardy
    • Books of his that I have short-term plans to read: The Trumpet-Major, The Woodlanders, and Jude the Obscure, at least.
  • Deborah Harkness
    • Shadow of Night is on my short-list of books to read soon.
  • Mette Ivie Harrison
    • I wasn't satisfied with the ending of The Princess and the Hound. This might be remedied by reading the next three books in the series, starting with The Princess and the Bear.
    • Also, I have a copy of Mira, Mirror on my shelf.
  • Paul Haven
    • I am interested in his book The Seven Keys of Balabad.
  • Markus Heitz
    • The War of the Dwarves, the second book of a series translated from German, is on my short-list shelf.
  • Joseph Helgerson
    • Crows and Cards looks like it might be a nifty follow-up to Horns and Wrinkles.
  • Carl Hiaasen
    • Flush is the second book of (so far) 4 in the juvenile series that started with Hoot.
  • Michael Hoeye
    • I am up to Book 3 of the Hermux Tantamoq quartet: No Time Like Show Time.
  • Mary Hoffman
    • I have read only the first 3 of (so far) 6 books in her "Stravaganza" series. Next up: City of Secrets.
  • E. W. Hornung
    • I am currently reading his third collection of Raffles adventures: A Thief in the Night.
  • Anthony Horowitz
    • I have read the first 3 of at least 7 "Diamond Brothers" books. On deck: The French Confection.
    • Of his 9-ish Alex Rider novels, I have read 7. On deck: Crocodile Tears.
    • Somewhere on my bookshelf is Book 1 of his 5-book "Power of Five" series, Raven's Gate.
    • Horowitz has also been tapped to reboot the Sherlock Holmes series. I have already borrowed the audiobook of The House of Silk from the library, though I have been out of touch with the Holmes canon since my early teens. That may mean getting back into Conan Doyle!
  • John Hulme and Michael Wexler
    • Book 3 of their "Seems" series is The Lost Train of Thought.
  • Irene Hunt
    • I could have sworn I had a copy of Across Five Aprils somewhere. I've been digging for it.
  • Eva Ibbotson
    • The trouble with deciding whether to read any more titles by this (recently deceased) author is that many of them were published under multiple titles. Some day I will sort them out and figure out which of her books I have yet to read. But not today.
  • David Ives
    • His novels Scrib and Voss look like they might be a hoot. Or two.
And the list goes on and on....

No comments: