Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mr. B's Again

On Thursday night, I went back to Mr. B's and ordered the steak sandwich that another customer had so highly recommended. The waitress taking my order said, archly, "Ah! The infamous steak sandwich!" Then she offered me a choice of having it on plain French bread or on garlic cheese bread. I decided to go with the plain version this time.

What was served was, in fact, simply a steak on plain bread. But the bread was wonderfully fresh, and the steak was juicy, tender, and full of good flavors. I added a bit of A-1 to the second half of it just to see what would happen, but that was an error.

Mr. B's steak sandwich comes with a dinner salad covered in shredded cheese and your choice of dressing (I had their orangey-sweet French), plus a side of tender-crisp fries; to say nothing of the basket of fresh and toasted bread that appears on the table regardless of what one orders. All that together costs $9.99 plus tax and tip; with a Peroni lager added, my bill came to under $15. What do you think of that?

What I think is, I'm going to have to try that sandwich with the garlic cheese bread next time. And if I can ever catch a slice of that chocolate mint cake before it sells out...

No comments: