- Spread 1 cup slivered almonds on a baking sheet and toast at 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Crush 2 packages ramen noodles.
- Shred 2 lbs. cabbage.
- Chop 2 bunches green onions.
- Mix almonds, noodles, cabbage, onions, and 1 cup sunflower seeds.
- In a separate dish mix 1 package flavoring from the noodles, 1 cup oil, 1 tsp. pepper, 5-6 dashes Tabasco sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup vinegar to make dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss before serving.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
This interesting salad used to show up on my stepmother's table on more-or-less "special" occasions.