Saturday, August 23, 2014

Baseball Dream

Last night I dreamed that I was playing right field in a baseball game. The fact that I was terrible at it made the dream realistic. The bizarre part was that nobody else seemed to mind. Everybody on the other side seemed to be hitting into right field, though. I guess they knew a good thing when they saw it.

At one point in the game, I must have floated closer to the surface because it suddenly seemed that I was playing right field from a pile of pillows, identical to the pillows I was actually sleeping on, and not even attempting to go after the balls that rained down around me.

Then the dream changed into one where I was a father attempting to potty-train a toddler. The poor mite seemed to be suffering from an intestinal bug, to judge by the sounds, smells, and mess. When the kid rose from the seat, I noticed that he also had a great big hairless tail attached to his rear end. Unsurprisingly, I awoke with a cat nestled against my chest, and the smell from the next room suggested that his litter box needed to be scooped.

No comments: