Monday, September 20, 2010

Duelling Mamas

At last, "Weep, Ye Bachelors" reaches the level of lofty discourse I have been hoping for all along: a kitchen grudge match between two Mamas whose comfort food has done a lot to put the "fat" in your favorite fat stupid jerk! For behold: a recipe from my stepmother. Though she loathes the spotlight and has to be dragged kicking-and-screaming into my "comfort food" sideshow, my second mum is every bit as adept at kitchen magic as the first... or is she more so? You be the judge...
Labor Day Weekend Homemade Salsa
Gather up 8 small tomatoes, 1 onion, 2 very small green peppers, about a tablespoon each of garlic and chili powder, a pinch of cilantro and salt, plus some jalapenos, sugar, and cumin (guess the measurements!), and maybe some vinegar(??). Put it all in the food processor and let it rip!
Whoa! This is getting almost as heady as my fantasy of a sister-in-law smackdown! Keep 'em coming, ladies!

2 comments:

Cuda said...

I have eaten from both, and your stepmom is the superior cook. By far. I remember teaching your mother to cook a number of your favorite dishes from her. I am the better cook in race with your mom. But I am not sending recipes. Sorry.

RobbieFish said...

Dude, my mother reads this blog. Play nicely!