Friday, September 7, 2007

Blogging in my sleep

I don't care what they say about laughter. SLEEP is the best medicine. It does so much to heal when one is sick. The last time I had a significant bug, what almost finished me off was not being able to sleep; and what did the most to get me better was a nice codeine cough syrup that enabled me to do sleep through the night.

This past week, I spent several nights staring at the ceiling in my darkened bedroom. I don't know why I couldn't sleep. Maybe it was the heaviness of the humid air, or something in the air that made my sinuses act up - I don't know. I didn't feel bad; I just couldn't sleep. I got three hours of sleep one night, four another.

Yesterday I came home from work so exhausted that I couldn't see straight. After dinner I went straight to bed - it was a little past 6 p.m. - and except for potty breaks, I didn't get up until my alarm went off at 5 a.m. I can't tell you how much those 11 hours of sleep helped me today! Thank God for the Sandman!

No comments: