Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Christmas book splurge

My mummy, who apparently knows me well, sent me a generous Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas. I've already gone and spent it. (You may be astonished to learn that I had to set up a barnesandnoble.com account to do so.) Here's what I look forward to reading and reviewing in the year (or possibly, weeks) to come, thanks to dear old Mom:
  • Blood of Tyrants by Naomi Novik, book 8 of Temeraire.
  • League of Dragons by Naomi Novik, book 9 of Temeraire.
  • The Black Reckoning by John Stephens, book 3 of the Books of Beginning.
  • The Key of Lost Things by Sean Easley, book 2 of the Hotel Between.
  • Broken Lands by Kate Milford, a prequel to Boneshaker.
  • The Bootlace Magician by Cassie Beasley, a sequel to Circus Mirandus.
  • The Unbreakable Code by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman, book 2 of Book Scavenger.
  • Exile by Shannon Messenger, book 2 of Keeper of the Lost Cities.
  • Castle Hangnail by Ursula Vernon, who (as T. Kingfisher) wrote A Wizard's Guide To Defensive Baking.
  • The Defense by Steve Cavanagh, book 1 of the Eddie Flynn series (cf. Thirteen).
  • The Case of the Left-Handed Lady by Nancy Springer, book 2 of Enola Holmes.
  • The Goodbye Man by Jeffery Deaver, book 2 of Colter Shaw.
There were a couple other books that I looked at and would have bought, instead if not in addition; they included T. Kingfisher's The Twisted Ones, Matthew J. Kirby's A Taste for Monsters, and more. But either they were currently unavailable in physical book form or priced too high. As it is, I think I made out pretty well for only going just a wee bit over the balance on that gift card. Thanks again, mummy!

No comments: