Saturday, July 11, 2020

Easily Confused Books 4

If you read a lot of books, it's not unusual to find multiple books with the same title. Earlier this year, I had to distinguish between two books I've reviewed that are both styled The Book of Lost Things (one by John Connolly, the other by Cynthia Voigt). There have even been instances where I bought the wrong book because I wasn't paying close enough attention. Further to this, this and this, I stumbled today upon another treasure-trove of easily confused books. It happened when I was searching thriftbooks-dot-com for another work by Voigt titled The Book of Secrets. Here are some of the results I found either before I came across the one I wanted, or on the same page of search results:
  • Books titled The Book of Secrets (with or without the initial "the") by Deepak Chopra, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, Marion Buhagiar, Tom Harper, A.L. Tait, M.L. Little, Loreeda McKennitt, M.G. Vassanji, Chris Roberson, Stephanie Kneese, Mat Tonti, Kate Morrison, Elizabeth Joy Arnold, Melissa McShane and Fiona Kidman
  • The Book of Secrets I by Ed Rychkun 
  • The Book of Secrets: Part 1 by Faith Mitchell
  • The Girls' Book of Secrets by Gemma Reece
  • My Book of Secrets by Moira Butterfield
  • His Book of Secrets by Liam O'Shaughnessy
  • Book of Secrets: Ancient Secrets by Ken Hudnall
  • Giggleswick: The Book of Secrets by Matthew Mainster
  • Wizardology: The Book of the Secrets of Merlin
  • Jinn Book of Secrets by Robert C. Miller
  • The Black Book of Secrets by F.E. Higgins
  • Minecraft: The Survivor's Book of Secrets by Stephanie Milton
  • Santa Claus: The Book of Secrets by Russell Ince
  • The McAvoy Sisters Book of Secrets by Molly Fader
  • The movie (on DVD) National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
  • The History Channel DVD The President's Book of Secrets
  • Various specific "books of secrets" with no author listed, possibly blank journal books for kids, role-play guides or marketing gimmicks accompanying lines of toys, animated films or graphic novel franchises.
  • One or two Book of Secrets books listening various authors (like, collections of short stories).
Looking back, all I really want to ask is ... What? Really? Giggleswick??

No comments: