Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More Feline Talking Points

All the way to Symphony Chorus rehearsal last night, I kept coming up with more snappy comebacks to the cat's meow:

Q. Meow!
A. I know you are, but what am I?

Q. Meow!
A. That's what they all say.

Q. Meow!
A. You took the words out of my mouth!

Q. Meow!
A. Now you're talking crazy.

Q. Meow!
A. Smile when you say that!

Q. Meow!
A. Again, with feeling!

Q. Meow!
A. Your what hurts?

Q. Meow!
A. Must you go on about that? I said I was sorry.

Q. Meow!
A. Aha! Now it finally comes out!

Q. Meow!
A. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Q. Meow!
A. Of course you don't look fat!

Q. Meow!
A. Who's this Timmy, and why do I care where he is?

By the way, as of last night the Symphony Chorus has at least started reading through all the works we will sing this season. Last night we took our first crack at Haydn's Creation. Awesome! And the week before was a stroll down memory lane as we began work on Orff's Carmina Burana, a piece I haven't sung since college. This is looking like a really cool season for the oratorio crowd in St. Louis!

No comments: