Sunday, April 22, 2007

Squeaky Comfort Food

Another easy-to-make comfort food I have served myself many times, this one also comes to me in my stepmother's handwriting. I gather from the fact that it is named after a sometime Twin Cities radio personality (left) that my stepmother didn't invent it. It's a remarkably tasty, simple combination, and even seems to have a mildly bowel-loosening effect. Trust me: in bachelorland, this is a good thing.

CEDRIC ADAMS HOTDISH
  1. Chop 1 medium head cabbage and parboil 2 minutes, then drain.
  2. Brown 1 lb. lean ground brief with 1 small chopped onion, then drain.
  3. Mix these ingredients together in a 2-quart casserole.
  4. Pour 1 can (10 oz.) cream of tomato soup over the top.
  5. Pierce with a fork, cover, and bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.

No comments: