Monday, April 30, 2007

Syncretistic Tackiness

The Temple of Tackiness (ELCA) has struck again: "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD--GANDHI"

I would like to see all "Lutheran" churches actually teaching the Christian faith. Such a change would do a great deal of good in the world; it would cover much of the globe with a Christ-centered, biblical comfort and assurance that can be found in no other confession. People are dying for that Word. So, in obedience to Gandhi, I will be a Lutheran. I will go to a really Lutheran church and support it as far as I am able.

And I will have nothing to do with purveyors of easy, empty platitudes (like the aforementioned T. of T.). They seem content to sample a little of everything on the religious salad bar. But the Lord's message to that spineless, directionless church is: "Because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth" (Revelation 3:16).

No comments: