Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Profitable Hymns: First Line Index

I've decided the working title for my fourth book of hymns – at this writing, just starting to get underway – will be "Profitable Hymns for Meditation in the Lutheran Church, School and Home." I plan to add to this directory as the book grows, since experience with my past couple of volumes has taught me this is a (cough) profitable approach to keeping track of my progress and editing the material later. Eventually, it'll just sit here as, I hope, a helpful reference. It'll also be linked to the main Book Trolley page, where similar indices for the preceding books are already in place. And so, in ABC order:
Christ, who passed through a desert place ... Temptation

I am a beggar; this is true ... Luther's last words
I was not there when Jesus died ... Time & eternity

Lo, the dewy stem grows dry ... Word of the Lord stands
Lo, what love the Father shows us ... Trinitarian love

O holy Mind, that did not think ... Having the mind of Christ
O human Soul of God the Son ... Passion Prayer

Would you see the Love of God? ... Look to Jesus

No comments: