Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daily Grouch #2

My grouchiness for today is directed at myself. Why? Because, after swooning over the opening of the new-and-improved I-64 just yesterday, and after setting my wake-up alarm ahead 20 minutes to accommodate the faster drive to work, I woke up at my wheel at the corner of Manchester and Hanley... two thirds of the way through the city streets I used to use to bypass the formerly closed stretch of highway.

In other words, I forgot to drive straight up the street to the nearest ramp onto I-64. And in so doing, I put myself so far behind schedule that I had to drive at the speed of carsickness to make it to work on time. (I was technically three minutes late.) As I have so often said, when I talk about stupidity, I know whereof I speak!

No comments: