Saturday, November 1, 2008

All the Pretty Dum-Dums

Well, no trick-or-treaters came by my door last night. Bummer. I guess I'll have all those nice Dum-Dums to myself, then. I wonder, do kids go candy-gathering when the sun is still up these days? I seem to recall having all kinds of spooky fun after dark on Halloween, knocking on doors up and down the block (all within sight of home) while the adults inside did their best to scare me.

But I haven't been of trick-or-treating age in so long that I may forget. Or perhaps the world is more dangerous than it used to be. Or maybe parents are more sensitive about the danger than they used to be.

EDIT: Today was also the one-year anniversary of the day I adopted Sinead. She celebrated by crawling into my lap while I was sitting at my computer and snuggling to the full extent of her soft, fluffy, turbo-purring powers. Now that her 12-month probationary period is over, my decision is clear... I guess I'll keep her.

No comments: