Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Busy Day

I had two job interviews today. Both went quickly and (I thought) fairly well. Neither was for a job that would pay enough for me to live on long-term, though there is a chance (in both cases) of getting more hours & maybe a better-paying position as things move along. Here's the dilemma:

Job #1 is in an industry that holds no thrill for me. It would simply be drudge work, without a sense of being part of something that makes a difference. It's only part-time, the pay is crap, but once the work gets well underway I may score better hours and maybe move even move up to a better-paying position. Maybe.Job #2, on the other hand, looks like it would really be fun. It pays about the same, maybe slightly better than #1, but it's only a seasonal job that would be over soon after New Year. Again, however, there is a chance that if I do really well, and they have an opening for a long-term position, they may think of hiring me for it.

Neither job is on the exact career trajectory I visualize for myself. Neither job is really going to pay the bills. But I'm running out of severance pay, and I haven't had any other offers; and a little something is better than nothing at all. Whatever I do, I'm going to have to keep looking for a job!

No comments: