Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cutting out the middle-man

Tonight my cats meowed for a treat, and though I usually give them crunchy, tartar control snacks (like Pounce and Whiska Lickins) I decided this time to open up one of those treat-sized cans of Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys that have come, like the toy in a box of Cracker Jack, in our recent pails of kitty litter.

The "Elegant Medley" described itself as "white meat chicken and whipped egg souffle with garden greens." Based on this description, it would seem sinful to feed it to cats. But once I had opened the can and emptied it onto a plate, I realized it had the exact color and consistency, and not far from the smell, of a large glop of cat puke.

I wondered if I shouldn't just grind it into the carpet and cut out the middle-man...

No comments: