Wednesday, February 27, 2013

T is for Trochiliphobia*

If I live to read all the books in the series I am following, I will have a very long life! Here are just the ones whose authors' last names begin with the letters T through Z...
  • Mildred D. Taylor
    • The books of hers that I have read so far are actually the first 2 in a series of 8 called the "Logan Family Saga." Next up: Let the Circle Be Unbroken.
  • W. M. Thackeray
    • I have a few of his more notable novels on my Kindle, including Vanity Fair and The Luck of Barry Lyndon.
  • Roderick Townley
    • The Constellation of Sylvie is book 3 of his "Sylvie Cycle."
  • P. L. Travers
    • I have book 4 of the at least 8 "Mary Poppins" books, titled Mary Poppins in the Park. The reason I haven't continued reading the series is that I found the first 3 books to be all about the same, like what deterred me from continuing to read Brian Jacques' "Redwall" books.
  • Anthony Trollope
    • I have several of his novels on my Kindle, such as The Warden (book 1 of his "Barchester Towers" cycle).
  • Megan Whalen Turner
    • Her only book that I have not yet read is Instead of Three Wishes. If I had three wishes, one of them would be that she would add more books to her "Attolia" series.
  • Anne Ursu
    • The Immortal Fire, book 3 of her "Cronus Chronicles," is on my shelf.
  • Vivian Vande Velde
    • Heir Apparent turns out to be the middle book of a trilogy that began with User Unfriendly.
    • I have several of her titles on my "to-read" shelf, and would be interested in more.
  • Jules Verne
    • I really have to read more of his books, which are cemented into the foundation of today's fantasy genre.
  • Cynthia Voigt
    • Book 4 of the "Tillerman Family" sextet is The Runner. I think it's on my shelf.
    • I may also try to get hold of The Book of Lost Things, book 1 of her new "Mister Max" series.
  • John Vornholt
    • I have had The Troll Treasure, book 3 of his "Troll King" series, for years. The eternally frustrating problem is: I haven't gotten hold of book 2 yet. Its title: The Troll Queen.
  • Scott Westerfeld
    • Goliath is book 3 of his "Leviathan" trilogy.
    • I have yet to try out his "Uglies" and "Peeps" series.
  • Donald Westlake
    • I'm sure I've missed a few of his "Dortmunder" books, and would gladly read any book by this fantastic entertainer.
  • Ysabeau Wilce
    • Flora's Dare, book 2 of her "Flora" trilogy, is on my shelf.
  • F. Paul Wilson
    • Further to The Tomb (which is technically part of the 5-book "Adversary" cycle), I have at least 15 "Repairman Jack" books to read. Unfortunately, the one on my shelf is #5. What I want is #1: Legacies.
    • If I'm also going to read the "Adversary" cycle, I should start with its book #1 too: The Keep.
    • Plus, there's a Repairman Jack "teen trilogy," starting with Secret Histories.
  • N. D. Wilson
    • Book 2 of his "Ashtown Burials" trilogy is The Drowned Vault.
  • Jeanette Winterson
    • I am interested in at least one of her titles: The Battle of the Sun.
  • P. G. Wodehouse
    • I have checked several of his audiobooks out of the county library, only to have to return them because someone else had them on request & I wasn't allowed to renew my loan. I'll have to request them again & push them to the front of the queue (which is to say, the passenger seat of my car).
  • Gene Wolfe
    • I have Epiphany of the Long Sun on my shelf.
    • I would be interested in most anything this author has published.
  • Patricia C. Wrede
    • Besides the aforementioned books co-authored with Caroline Stevermer, I would be interested in this author's Mairelon the Magician and its sequel, Magician's Ward.
    • I am also interested in her "Frontier Magic" trilogy, starting with Thirteenth Child, which promises to be some kind of mashup of Harry Potter and Little House on the Prairie.
  • Rick Yancey
    • Book 3 of his "Alfred Kropp" trilogy is The Thirteenth Skull.
    • Book 3 of his "Monstrumologist" trilogy is The Isle of Blood.
    • Then there's the whole "Highly Effective Detective" quartet to consider...
  • Jane Yolen
    • Somehow I missed book 4 of the "Pit Dragon trilogy" (hah!), titled Dragon's Heart.
    • I have her "Young Merlin Trilogy" on my shelf, a surprisingly thin omnibus volume.
    • I also missed one of the "Rock'n'Roll Fairy Tales" she co-authored with Adam Stemple: Pay the Piper.
  • Mary Frances Zambreno
    • Book 2 of her "Jermyn Graves" dyad is Journeyman Wizard.
  • Markus Zusak
    • I think I have The Book Thief somewhere on my shelf. Unless someone has stolen it.
* the abnormal fear of hummingbirds

No comments: