Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crock Potluck

Church-Cookbook-Style Cocktail Meatballs, as I witnessed them being prepared this morning in anticipation of a potluck dinner:

Buy 3 bottles of Chili Sauce, a 34-ounce tub of Welch's Grape Jelly, and as many bags of home-style frozen meatballs as you reckon will go into a crock-pot. (If given a choice between "Italian-style" and something else, go with something else.) Let the meatballs thaw in the refrigerator, inside the sealed bag. A couple hours before serving, combine the ingredients in a crock pot and gently heat them so that by dinnertime they are bubbling nicely.

For cocktail weenies, I hear, the sauce is a combination of pineapple and apricot preserves and barbecue sauce. Hmmm. Good to know in case you ever have to cater a large group. Which, believe it or not, I have. Though I'll have to tell you what I served another time...

No comments: