Thursday, January 18, 2018

Drive-By Blog Post

I beg your pardon for being out of touch for a bit. This is just a quick note to explain that, between Friday, Jan. 12 and Sunday, Jan. 14, I moved from my beloved Show Me State to Minnesota, where I have started a new job as a reporter at a small-town newspaper. I can now visit either of my parents (at least, when my mom is at her lake place) with little more than an hour of drive time each way - less, in the case of my dad and stepmom - and my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew are only a couple-three hours away. In fact, I'm suddenly much closer to most of my relatives than I have been these last 20 years and more. I guess I'll have fewer excuses for missing family events.

Unfortunately, the move required me to leave behind Sinead, my cat of more than 10 years. It also required some ridiculous maneuvers involving Uhaul Roadside Assistance, which I am itching to tell you about. But not yet. I don't have an internet connection at home, so I can only spare a moment or two on lunch breaks at work to post this. Stand by for more book reviews, original hymns, and whatnot, as soon as all my living arrangements are back up to snuff. Thanks for your patience!

No comments: