Monday, November 26, 2012

Dip Duel

Back here, I shared a recipe my Mom sent me for a dip that goes well with Townhouse crackers. Over Thanksgiving weekend, I sneaked a peak at my Stepmom's recipe for a dip to go with (say) Triscuits. We snacked on them at lunchtime this past Saturday. Dad and I used Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits. Stepmom used some kind of Ritz thingies. An awesome time was had by all. And I think it is evident that the recipe works equally well with turkey.

Ingredients:
  • 1 8-oz. brick of cream cheese
  • 5 tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot sauce
  • Roasted chicken (or turkey) breast meat
Cut up the cream cheese into cubes, place it in a covered bowl, and melt it in the microwave. Stir in the hot sauce. Pull apart the breast meat and add it to the mixture until you achieve the desired consistency. Spoon onto small plates and shovel it up with your choice of crackers. Could it get any simpler?

IMAGE: Swiped from here. If you object to my use of this image, I'll swipe one from somewhere else.

1 comment:

Cuda said...

You forgot the half-a-cup of blue cheese or ranch salad dressing, plus a half-cup of crumbled blue cheese or cheddar cheese. Plus, it is six tablespoons of Frank's Hot Sauce. Cheryl insisted I make this comment. Plus she said she added a little bit of garlic powder to taste.